Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cashew Chicken with Snow Peas on Brown Rice



Some time ago I found this recipe from Big Girls Small Kitchen on the Huffington Post. Looking at the ingredients I thought that it would be pretty simple but the idea of cooking chicken in the microwave made me feel uneasy so I cooked this in a skillet instead. I also changed snap peas for snow peas--love snow peas--and changed some of the quantities of the ingredients.

Ingredients

2 boneless chicken breasts, skinned & thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp sherry
1 tbsp cornstarch
¼ tsp ginger
2.5 tbsp oil
1 cup snowp peas
½ cup unsalted cashews

In skillet, warm up the oil on medium heat. Combine chicken, garlic, soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch and ginger and stir until well-mixed. Cook until chicken is well done.



Add snow peas and cashews to skillet and cook until snow peas are tender.



Let stand for 3 minutes before eating, and serve over brown rice.



I love this recipe. So easy to make and tastes great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More