Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Coconut Popsicles



As the temperature rises in Los Angeles into the 90's and 100's, it's essential to have something cold (and preferably) sweet in the freezer. This time I decided to use my Zoku Quick Pop Maker to make coconut popsicles.

I made this recipe without the shredded coconut because I hate the consistency of shredded coconut...kind of grosses me out. I'm aware that I'm a minority in this so I added the shredded coconut as an option and included instructions on how to add it in. Photos show the popsicles without the shredded coconut. They tasted great without it!

Ingredients

7 oz. coconut milk (not lite)
1/4 cup low fat milk
3 tbsp. water
3 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut (optional)

Whisk together all ingredients until sugar has dissolved.



Insert sticks into the pop maker molds and pour the coconut base in the molds. If you are using shredded coconut, pause to add large pinches of coconut on each side of the sticks as you pour. Fill until the fill line and, if using shredded coconut, top each filled mold with a pinch of coconut to create the skirt.



Let the pops freeze completely before removing from molds and serve.



Reference
Zoku Quick Pops by Jackie Zorovich & Kristina Sacci

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More