Friday, May 20, 2011

Emeril's Macaroni Salad-Modified

I found Emeril's Macaroni Salad on Martha Stewart's website. (Love her.) Read over it and sounded pretty good except for a few things. I don't like tomatoes and I'm not a big fan of capers or parsley in a pasta salad so I decided to do my own take on this.

Ingredients

Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 pound elbow macaroni
2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto cut into strips
1 small shallot minced
1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup sun dried tomatos, sliced
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (2 ounces)
1/2 cup sliced black olives

I followed the rest of the recipe as it was.

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook macaroni until al dente. In a small skillet, cook prosciutto over medium until crisp. Before cooking the prosciutto, I cut off the white fat off the slices.


Combine shallot, vinegar, and mustard in a large bowl; whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream.

Add sun-dried tomato, cheese, prosciutto, and olives.



Drain pasta; add to bowl with tomato mixture, and toss. Season with salt and pepper.



Cool to room temperature, and serve.



Well, this was ok. I intend on eating the rest of this but I can't say that it was great or one of the best things I have made. I can't rave about it to be honest. If you are considering making this, I would recommend to double up on the olives, tomatoes, and prosciutto. Tossing this recipe unfortunately. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More